March 13, 2005

Book smart

Why is it that morons always attempt to make us believe that they are "book smart." You know who I'm talking about. Its those people (and in my opinion, it seems mainly to be prissy girls) who are just utter morons and have the common sense of say a peanut. Anytime they don't understand or fail in a debate, their immediate rebuttal is "well I'm just not smart that way, I'm more book smart." What the hell is book smart? I don't believe there is such a thing as being book smart. I believe that either you are smart or you are not.

Book smart seems to be a copout for utter morons who happen to do well in school. Unfortunately, doing well in school does not necessarily mean that one is smart. In most classes, good grades are the result of sucking up, not procrastinating, caring about the subject matter, and simply regurgitating information one week later. A person that can bullshit an English paper or memorize the exact date of a historical event does not automatically qualify as a person smart in my book.

Smart people are those that are able to take what they have learned and APPLY it. Smart people are capable of engaging in intellectual debates. Smart people realize they don't need to constantly stroke their ego. More importantly, smart people have the intellectual ability to realize that those who claim to be "book smart" are complete and utter morons merely attempting to brainwash themselves into believing that they are not as stupid as they actually are. Now I may not be "smart" but at least I'm smart enough not to constantly remind people how "book smart" I am.

2 Comments:

At March 14, 2005, Blogger Slater Weatherspoon said...

I couldn't agree more with your entire post. I couldn't add anything else to it. 100% Perfect.

 
At March 14, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Dave,

Book smarts are overrated.

Sincerely,
Ralph Wiggum

 

Post a Comment

<< Home