September 11, 2006

Anniversary

Today is September 11th and it's been five years since hmm... September 11th. It's such a good thing that we're celebrating the anniversary because I have clearly forgotten what happened. I think it was something about planes, right?

Of course I am sympathetic for the families but lets please acknowledge what these events truly are: publicity events for politicians to show how much they care and support us -- which they don't because the middle class does not financially support their campaigns. We only elect them.

I'm so sick and tired of hearing about 9/11. It's hard to turn on any media venue without hearing about it over and over again. Hearing that we are now in the post 9/11 age. How we dodged the bullet having Bush in the White House instead of Gore and Kerry. Hearing about how the world has changed so much since 9/11. Bullshit, not much has changed. There have only been two true changes: longer lines at the airport and a pointless war that hasn't affected many of us.

So excuse me if I yawn while reading about the memorial services.


Tags:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home