February 07, 2006

Traitors

Yet another reason to hate Mike Piazza. Michael Joseph Piazza was born on September 4, 1968 in Norristown, PA. This makes him an American citizen and since birth, he has never had any other citizenship. So, why in the name of god is he signed up to play for Team Italy in the upcoming World Baseball Classic? I could be like Sean Hannity and say that he "hates America," but I won't. It's because he's a douche.

PLAY FOR YOUR OWN COUNTRY'S TEAM YOU ASSHOLE!

The list of traitors doesn't end with Piazza. Ronnie Belliard will be playing for the Dominican Republic. Frank Menechino, Frank Catalanotto, and Doug Mirabelli have all signed up to play for Italy. Ben Sheets has enlisted with Team England and Jason Isrignhausen joined the German squad. The list doesn't end here but I will.

Then there's Alex Rodriguez. Alex was born in New York City. His mother is Dominican and his father is American but he refuses to play for either team because he doesn't want to anger one of his parents. That's a load of crap. Grow some balls A-Rod.

I have no problem with foreign players joining the ranks of their native countries. Manny Ramirez, David Ortiz, and Albert Pujols will see no complaints from me for signing up with the Dominican Republic because they were born there.

I only have problems with the douchebags who were born in the United States and have chosen to play elsewhere because ... oh, my ancestors are from there. That's crap. Your ancestors left their countries to come to the United States. Stop disrespecting that and every other American.

You should represent the country you were born in or have your citizenship revoked and be forced to live in the Saskatchewan, where you can live in igloos and get mauled by bears.

5 Comments:

At February 07, 2006, Blogger Sitting on Pineapples said...

I just hate Mike Piazza because he is a closet homosexual

 
At February 07, 2006, Blogger Aventius said...

well that goes without question. that is why the first sentence says... "yet another reason..."

 
At February 08, 2006, Blogger Aventius said...

You also started rooting for the Yankees so what do you know?

 
At February 08, 2006, Blogger Aventius said...

Madness:
1) I know you're a Red Sox fan. I thought I recalled you talking to Dennis about how living in NYC has made you follow the Yankees somewhat. If that is wrong, accept my apologies.

2) With regards to PTI, I don't watch it. I became aware of the situation during the Super Bowl when an advertisement showed how Piazza was playing for Italy. It pissed me off and then I did some research to find out who else is being a douchebag.

 
At February 08, 2006, Blogger Aventius said...

Its not the Olympics... from the WBC website:

Q: What is the World Baseball Classic?
A: The World Baseball Classic is an unprecedented baseball event that will feature many of the best players in the world competing for their home countries and territories for the first time ever. This tournament will give fans around the world a chance to see baseball in an exciting and compelling new format.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home