January 31, 2006

Retarded

I sent a letter to the editor of the The Daily Collegian today because M&T Bank is retarded. Here's what I wrote:
    I have a part-time job in town and my employer uses M&T Bank for their payroll checks. Typically, I mail my check out to my personal bank but once in awhile I need the cash and so I drop by M&T Bank to cash it. I've considered opening an account so that I could deposit them via the ATM but just haven't done it yet. Well, everything changed today. M&T Bank tried to charge me $5 for cashing one of THEIR checks because I didn't have an account. The teller informed me that this has been their policy since October (meanwhile, I cashed a check without any service charge two weeks ago). This charge is ridiculous. No other bank I've ever used have ever done this, because they shouldn't. Obviously, this policy is supposed to spur people to open accounts but it didn't work in my situation. This policy has prompted me to never use M&T Bank ever again. Your loss M&T.

2 Comments:

At February 03, 2006, Blogger Sitting on Pineapples said...

God damn... too many posts... can't read them all...

Yeah M&T is whack... I switched to PNC when they were going to charge me 12$ for each money withdrawl in Europe and PNC was just 50 cents.... dumbasses

 
At February 03, 2006, Blogger Aventius said...

Well the Collegian didn't post the letter. Probably didn't want to piss off a company that advertises in their paper. Instead of providing knowledge to the community about M&T's bad business practices, they post brozers talking about how Greek Life is the "backbone" of Penn State... ugh. I'll be writing another letter to the editor about that later today.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home