March 01, 2006

Ash

Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. Yes! I can't wait. Only forty days until certain sects of Christians can blame Jews for the Romans killing Jesus.


Now here's a question. Why is Lent referred to as forty days? Its not forty days -- it's forty-four. It's only forty days if you do not include Sundays. Why would you not include Sundays? Silly Calendar.

To celebrate the day, here are four things I won't be doing:
    1. Going to church
    2. Getting ashes
    3. Giving up something for lent
    4. Refraining from eating meat
My parents will not approve and someone will probably tell me I'm going to hell. Eh, its hard to get me worried about hell when I don't believe in it. Should I be wrong, at least it'll have a nice barbeque.

Tags: , , , &

4 Comments:

At March 02, 2006, Blogger Aventius said...

how is this comment relative to ash wednesday?

 
At March 03, 2006, Blogger Aventius said...

yeah... i actually believe he was a nice tan shade (arabian/semetic) but black jesus is more offensive to hard core white christians. glad you enjoy it.

 
At March 04, 2006, Blogger AmandaMae said...

Dave, have I ever told you that you were going to hell? Didnt think so. And Guess what? I didnt do any of that crap either! In Fact! I think I had a Steak that night! Yumm,

 
At March 04, 2006, Blogger Aventius said...

I was just kidding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home