February 21, 2006

Time

I know we've only known each other four weeks and three days, but to me it seems like nine weeks and five days. The first day seemed like a week and the second day seemed like five days. And the third day seemed like a week again and the fourth day seemed like eight days. And the fifth day you went to see your mother and that seemed just like a day, and then you came back and later on the sixth day, in the evening, when we saw each other, that started seeming like two days, so in the evening it seemed like two days spilling over into the next day and that started seeming like four days, so at the end of the sixth day on into the seventh day, it seemed like a total of five days. And the sixth day seemed like a week and a half. I have it written down, but I can show it to you tomorrow if you want to see it.

3 Comments:

At February 22, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude... that is so hilarious... that is, by far, the best moment of that film... and the best part of it is, it was all, 100% improvised. Steve Martin is the man. I don't know how in the hell Bernadette Peters kept from bustin' out laughin' right in his face for that. I almost give her more credit for keeping her cool and allowing that classic scene to make the film. Because you know if they did a second take he would've said something else, while just as hilarious, completely different.

 
At February 22, 2006, Blogger Aventius said...

Well this part and the part on the beach where he plays his uke and she busts out her cornet are the two best parts.

I was watching this movie on AMC last night. I knew you'd get a kick out of me posting it here. I remember watching it with you in da Beech a few years ago and you telling me the same exact story about it being improvised.

Good times.

 
At February 23, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good times, indeed...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home