October 16, 2005

Football

Last week's riveting win over Ohio State and this week's heartbreaking loss to Michigan helped me realize a truth today. I am so privileged to be attending a school with a top tier football team. Attending a school such as Penn State, I'm welcomed into a cult-like group devoted to their football team. Win or lose, we pray to the gods for our warriors to come out champions. The wins are epic while the losses silence us for days but regardless, the entertainment value of it all is priceless.

I feel bad for students who's school doesn't have a football team. They will never understand the joy and pain that I have experienced. For instance, I wish my brother could know how it feels when you lose in the last second of the game to rival that we haven't beaten for seven years. Sadly, he'll only experience college football second hand. Sure, he follows the teams of his two brothers (Penn State and Michigan State) and he roots for the University of Michigan but its not the same.

Much like my father, my brother is happy when Michigan wins a game but there's a disconnect when they lose. Its easily written off because there is no tie that bonds like the one a student has. When they win, his joy can't compare to mine. It doesn't make him want to run out into the streets screaming. He'll never be brought to tears over a game.

This is why I feel so privileged to attend Penn State. I have been instilled with a passion and loyalty that cannot be broken no matter how many losses or where I live. This is why professional football will never match college football.

6 Comments:

At October 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very unique blog you have! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a psychic phone reading site. You can find everything about psychic phone reading to help you find your soul mate or lost loved one. You'll find it very informative. Please visit it.
Rod

 
At October 16, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh rod... you're so silly

 
At October 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog sucks.

Go BLUE!

 
At October 17, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blue? ... As is Aaron McKie of the LA Lakers, formerly of the Philadelphia 76ers?

Whether you know it or not, that's what you meant...

 
At October 17, 2005, Blogger AmandaMae said...

Hey bud thanks for changing my picture! I didn't have a football team (yet), that's why I adopted Penn State! That game did suck, but you cant have true highs without the lows. By the way, anonymous has offically rubbed me the WRONG way, and any insight as to who this might be would be much appreciated...Peace

 
At October 17, 2005, Blogger Sitting on Pineapples said...

Michigan Cheats...


PSU wins regulation 60 minute games. Officials need to change the rules of football to let UM win twice. Hope they feel good about that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home