March 06, 2006

Stuck

From an automotive media event in Bulgaria, this picture is courtesy of DaimlerChrysler... obviously not Land Rover. For the uninformed -- the vehicle on the left is a Jeep Grand Cherokee and the one on the right, stuck in the mud, is a Land Rover LR3.


Reminds me of when I was interning with GM and doing testing in Death Valley. A Dodge Durango's brakes and front quarter-panel had caught on fire. The idiot driver pulled over at a gas station and parked waaay too close to a gas pump. The station owner came out screaming his head off. Luckily, the fire was put out pretty quickly by a Ford engineer who happened to have a fire extinguisher nearby (Mind you, it was caused by a bad thermocouple, not a brake issue). Everyone (Toyota, Honda, Ford, GM, Land Rover, and I think BMW engineers) had a great laugh at Dodge's tragedy. I wish I had gotten a picture.

Tags: , , , &

4 Comments:

At March 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know... if you look at the picture close, it appears that the Land Rover is mired in the mud. The Jeep appears to be on solid ground.

I'll send you some other mishaps.

Dad

 
At March 07, 2006, Blogger Aventius said...

Yeah... the Land Rover is the one that is stuck.

 
At March 07, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Had something similar happen to me in my LR3. I cursed up a storm and called my dealer. The tech calmed me down, told me to deactivate the Dynamic Stability Control, I did so and drove right out of the mud. A bit red-faced. Actually is a great vehicle off-road and I've driven lots, including the new Jeeps.

 
At March 08, 2006, Blogger Aventius said...

Oh I'm sure its a great vehicle. Taking a gander at the mud bog, it could have happened to any 4x4... well except maybe the Hummer H1. That thing's a beast.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home