December 12, 2005

Hold

I have a problem with cell phones. They lack a function that we could all use. Sometimes we can't answer the phone calls we get even though we want to. Have you ever been in a place where you couldn't take a call but if given a small amount of time, would want to? For instance, I was in the Engineering Library today when I received a phone call. I had three options.
  • Answer the phone and disturb the students around me craming for finals
  • "Bitch button" the call and send it to voicemail
  • Answer the call, tell whoever is calling to hold on and then walk outside to the hallway to continue the conversation
The problem is that each options pisses off or confuses someone. So I came up with a solution. Its a variation of a "hold call" button that is typically used during a phone conversation.

Here's how it works: When the phone rings you can either a) answer the call b) bitch button the call or c) play a selected message to the caller and hold the call until I'm able to answer it. It would be great. For instance, I select one of the pre-recorded messages that I set up and it tells the caller that "I'm in a setting uncondusive to using my cell phone, please hold while I get to an appropriate location."

It definitely would have helped today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home