December 08, 2005

Lights

Carson Williams, an electrical engineer by trade, spent $10,000 on his christmas lights display. The display features choreographed lights set to music that plays over the FM band using a low power FM transmitter into the cars of passing motorists. The twelve minute display features three songs: Frosty the Snowman by the Jackson 5, God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood, and Wizards of Winter by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

The display was on during the week of Thanksgiving and has attracted so much attention that there has actually been a car accident between two motorists who decided not to park the car to watch the show. This has actually prompted the local police to ask the owner to shut down the display.

I don't know about you but I'd be severely pissed if I had spent $10,000 and countless hours programming the computer-controlled lights only to them shut down two weeks before Christmas. Then again, I'm not crazy enough to set this up.

Video Download

2 Comments:

At December 09, 2005, Blogger Sitting on Pineapples said...

gay

I had to type in


weqelkeigu just to comment... how dumb

 
At December 10, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool... I'm glad I don't live across the street!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home